Mathieu Deflem is Professor of Sociology at the University of South Carolina, where he works in the areas of law and social control, policing, popular culture, and theory.
Check the pages on this site in the following sections: www.mathieudeflem.net
Recently posted publications:
- Social Control. Chapter in The Handbook of Deviance, edited by Erich Goode, 2015.
- Review of Law, Society and Community: Socio-Legal Essays in Honour of Roger Cotterrell, edited by Richard Nobles and David Schiff. The Cambridge Law Journal, 2015.
- Introduction: The Study of Terrorism and Counterterrorism Today. Terrorism and Counterterrorism Today, edited by Mathieu Deflem. Bingley, UK: Emerald, 2015.
- The Fear of Counterterrorism: Surveillance and Civil Liberties Since 9/11. Society, 2015.
- Lady Gaga – The Scream of a Rock Star. Book chapter in Pop-Frauen der Gegenwart, 2015.
- Policing. International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Second Edition, 2015.
- Anomie: History of the Concept. International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2015.
- Comparative Historical Analysis in Criminology and Criminal Justice. Chapter in The Routledge Handbook of Qualitative Criminology, 2015.
- Alfred Hitchcock – Visions of Guilt and Innocence. Book chapter in Framing Law and Crime, in press.
- Obstinate Observations on Sociological Saving. Trajectories, ASA section newsletter, in press.
Feel free to contact me for questions related to my work. Follow on twitter for updates! Thieu Deflem
Professor of Sociology
University of South Carolina
Department of Sociology
Sloan College bldg, office 217
911 Pickens Street
Columbia, SC 29208 (USA)