Mathieu Deflem is Professor of Sociology at the University of South Carolina, where he works in the areas of law, social control, counterterrorism, policing, popular culture, and theory.
Check the pages on this site in the following sections: www.mathieudeflem.net
Recently posted publications:
- Comparative Historical Analysis in Criminology and Criminal Justice. In The Routledge Handbook of Qualitative Criminology, 2015.
- Lady Gaga - Pop Revolutionary. Melodie und Rhythmus, February 2015.
- The Fear of Counterterrorism: Surveillance and Civil Liberties Since 9/11. Society, 2015.
- Policing. In International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Second Edition, 2015.
- Anomie: History of the Concept. In International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2015.
- Lady Gaga – The Scream of a Rock Star. In Pop-Frauen der Gegenwart, 2015.
- Review of The Cop and the Sociologist: Investigating Diversity in German Police Forces, by Barbara Thériault. Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Books, November 2014.
- The Prison World. Introduction to Punishment and Incarceration: A Global Perspective, 2014.
- International Law Enforcement. With Michael D. Bayer. In The Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice, edited by Jay S. Albanese, 2014.
Feel free to contact me for questions and comments related to my work. Follow me on twitter for updates!ieu
Professor of Sociology
University of South Carolina
Department of Sociology
Sloan College, room 217
911 Pickens Street
Columbia, SC 29208 (USA)