Mathieu Deflem is Professor of Sociology at the University of South Carolina, where he works in the areas of law, social control, counterterrorism, policing, popular culture, and theory.
Check the pages on this site in the following sections: www.mathieudeflem.net
Recently posted publications:
- The Fear of Counterterrorism: Surveillance and Civil Liberties Since 9/11. Society, vol. 52.
- Review of The Cop and the Sociologist: Investigating Diversity in German Police Forces, by Barbara Thériault. Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Books, November 2014.
- The Prison World. Introduction to Punishment and Incarceration: A Global Perspective, 2014.
- History of Technology in Policing. With Stephen Chicoine. In Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice, edited by Gerben Bruinsma and David Weisburd, 2014.
- International Law Enforcement. With Michael D. Bayer. In The Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice, edited by Jay S. Albanese, 2014.
- Lady Gaga – The Scream of a Rock Star. In Pop-Frauen der Gegenwart, in press.
- 世界警学名著译丛:警务全球化·国际警务合作的历史基础. Chinese translation of Policing World Society.
- Ayn Rand. In Encyclopedia of Criminal Justice Ethics, edited by B.A. Arrigo. Sage, 2014.
- Introduction to the Transaction Edition. In Custom: An Essay on Social Codes, by Ferdinand Tönnies.
Feel free to contact me for questions and comments related to my work. Follow me on twitter for updates!ieu
Professor of Sociology
University of South Carolina
Department of Sociology
Sloan College, room 217
911 Pickens Street
Columbia, SC 29208 (USA)