Mathieu Deflem is Professor of Sociology at the University of South Carolina, where he works in the areas of law, social control, counterterrorism, policing, popular culture, and theory.
Check the pages on this site in the following sections: www.mathieudeflem.net
Recently posted publications:
- Social Control. In The Handbook of Deviance, edited by Erich Goode, 2015.
- The Fear of Counterterrorism: Surveillance and Civil Liberties Since 9/11. Society, 2015.
- Policing. In International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Second Edition, 2015.
- Comparative Historical Analysis in Criminology and Criminal Justice. In The Routledge Handbook of Qualitative Criminology, 2015.
- Lady Gaga – Pop Revolutionary. Melodie und Rhythmus, February 2015.
- Anomie: History of the Concept. In International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2015.
- Introduction: The Study of Terrorism and Counterterrorism Today. In Terrorism and Counterterrorism Today, edited by Mathieu Deflem. Bingley, UK: Emerald, 2015.
- Lady Gaga – The Scream of a Rock Star. In Pop-Frauen der Gegenwart, 2015.
Feel free to contact me for questions and comments related to my work. Follow me on twitter for updates!ieu
Professor of Sociology
University of South Carolina
Department of Sociology
Sloan College, office 217
911 Pickens Street
Columbia, SC 29208 (USA)